Thursday, August 21, 2014

Reflections On Week 1

1. As far as I know there aren't any factors that would affect my participation or experience in a bad way. I have a computer with a printer that no longer works, but I always have a backup when it comes to computer work. I have no transportation related problems to worry about because I don't live that far from school. It's only a 20 minute walk. I must say that I am a little worried about the new schedule because 50 minutes of class could lead to very little in class work. I would have to do most of the work in my own time and wouldn't have a sufficient amount of time to do it in class. I am also going to need more time getting used to working with technology because I'm used to doing everything by hand.

2. My best learning experience happened in 6th grade. I was in the morning class with the G.A.T.E. teacher Mr. Sturgell. What was special about this teacher was the way he made us think. He made us think outside the box and ignite the creative spark that is in everyone's head. The whole class learned the same thing I did. Friday was the day where we learned the most because every Friday our class and the 5th grade G.A.T.E. class would form 10 teams and would have an Odyssey of the Mind competition. It taught me about how to be a better leader, a better listener, and better thinker. I honestly think that if i wasn't a part of that activity, I would think and see things in a different way.

3. I think I'm going to be most excited about all the activities we'd do. I'm sure that we're going to work really hard this year, but I'm also sure that with hard work, comes some type of reward. Whether if it's a reward that we'll gain at some point during the year or if it's a reward that the whole class can enjoy, everything counts. I'm most concerned about all the technology we're going to need to use because I personally am old fashioned. I would rather type and print out assignments rather than posting them in a blog. Most importantly I'd rather hand write my assignments. I look forward to learning about poetry. I think this class will help me greatly on becoming a more active reader, which is my main goal for this year. Normally I'd read 20 minutes and stop then procrastinate. The next day later do it again. Unless if it's something I really like I'd read for over 40 minutes. Overall I hope that this class will help me with my reading and working habits/ skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment